The Administrative Core of IIDS performs many research support functions for participating faculty. While there are many ways for faculty to participate in IIDS activities, the Administrative Core staff work primarily with faculty who submit grants through the institute. Grant proposals may be submitted through IIDS if they meet either of the following criteria:
1. The research relies on IIDS infrastructure, such as our facilities for genomics, bioinformatics, or research computing.
2. The research pertains to evolutionary science, the intellectual focus of IBEST.
When a proposal is submitted through IIDS, the Administrative Core can assist the PI in several ways:
- Grants Services Manager: RFA or RFP review, budget preparation, preparation and uploading of supporting documents (bio sketches, current and pending support, etc), submission management.
- Design & Marketing Coordinator: Production of professional quality scientific figures, data visualizations, illustrations, or other custom artwork.
- Other opportunities: On a case by case basis, the Director may approve additional investments, such as supporting pre-review of proposals, teaching release, or collaborator visits.
The Administrative Core also provides post award support functions including:
- Budget management and maintenance, projections, annual reports and analyses.
- Production of professional quality figures and artwork for publications and presentations.
- Event organization.